Back to top
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Greenway, New South Wales, 2010. Re-elected 2013, 2016, 2019 and 2022.
- Minister for Communications from 1.6.2022.
- Joint Statutory: Human Rights from 4.12.2013 to 14.5.2015.
- Joint Standing: Treaties from 25.10.2010 to 7.2.2012; National Broadband Network from 22.3.2011 to 21.11.2011; National Broadband Network from 14.8.2012 to 5.8.2013; National Broadband Network from 10.10.2016 to 1.7.2019.
- Joint Select: Constitutional Recognition of Local Government from 26.11.2012 to 5.8.2013.
- House of Representatives Standing: Social Policy and Legal Affairs from 25.10.2010 to 7.2.2012; Privileges and Members' Interests from 25.10.2010 to 7.2.2012; Social Policy and Legal Affairs from 14.8.2012 to 5.8.2013; Infrastructure and Communications from 4.12.2013 to 13.10.2015; Publications from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016.
Parliamentary party positions
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Communications from 18.10.2013 to 13.10.2015.
- Shadow Minister for Citizenship and Multiculturalism from 18.10.2013 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Small Business from 13.10.2015 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Communications from 23.7.2016.
- Member of the Australian Labor Party National Women's Network Executive Committee.
- Member of the Australian Labor Party Administrative Committee (NSW).
- Member of the Australian Labor Party Women's Forum (NSW).
- Delegate to the Australian Labor Party State Conference (NSW).
- Delegate to the Australian Labor Party Greenway Federal Electorate Council.
- Delegate to the Australian Labor Party Riverstone State Electorate Council.
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party Lalor Park and Districts Branch.
- Secretary of the Young Labor State Branch (NSW).
- Senior Vice-President of the Young Labor State Branch (NSW).
- Delegate to the Australian Labor Party National Conference.
- Born 16.11.1971, Blacktown, Australia
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA(Hons) (University of Sydney).
- LLB (University of Sydney).
- LLM (University of Sydney).
- Checkout operator from 1987 to 1995.
- Electorate officer from 1995 to 1999.
- Regulatory affairs adviser for NRMA Ltd. from 1999 to 2000.
- Senior lawyer at Gilbert and Tobin from 2000 to 2010.
- Director of the Western Sydney Area Health Service from 2000 to 2004.
- Non-Executive Director of the Western Sydney Parklands Trust from 2007 to 2010.
- Director of Our Lady of Mercy, Parramatta (NSW) from 2008 to 2010.
- Chair of Screen NSW from 2009 to 2010.
Local Government service
- Councillor, Blacktown City Council from 2004 to 2008.
- Deputy Mayor, Blacktown City Council from 2007 to 2008.
- Name: Greenway
- Location: Greenway covers an area from Prospect and Girraween in the south to Riverstone (part) and Vineyard (part) in the North. Suburbs and towns include Blacktown (part), Glenwood, Girraween, Kellyville Ridge, Kings Langley, Kings Park, Lalor Park, Parklea, Prospect, Quakers Hill (part), Riverstone (part), Rouse Hill (part), Schofields (part), Seven Hills, Stanhope Gardens and Vineyard (part).
- Area: 81 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 110,299 (at 11.6.2019)
- Industries: Light and heavy engineering, light industrial, electronics, food processing and warehousing and distribution industries. The division also contains comprehensive educational facilities.