Back to top
- Elected to the Senate for Queensland 2016. Re-elected 2022.
- Assistant Minister for Regional Development from 1.6.2022.
- Senate Standing: Scrutiny of Delegated Legislation (formerly Regulations and Ordinances) from 1.9.2016 to 1.7.2019.
- Senate Select: Future of Work and Workers from 19.10.2017 to 19.9.2018; Fair Dinkum Power from 5.12.2018 to 28.6.2019 (Deputy Chair from 6.12.2018 to 28.6.2019); Jobs for the Future in Regional Areas from 1.8.2019 to 4.12.2019; Administration of Sports Grants from 5.2.2020 to 18.3.2021 (Chair from 7.2.2020 to 18.3.2021).
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Environment and Communications: References from 1.9.2016 to 1.7.2019; Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport: References from 1.9.2016 to 1.7.2019; Environment and Communications: Legislation from 1.9.2016 to 1.7.2019; Legal and Constitutional Affairs: Legislation from 4.7.2019 to 17.3.2021; Legal and Constitutional Affairs: References from 4.7.2019 to 17.3.2021; Economics: Legislation from 13.5.2021; Economics: References from 13.5.2021; Environment and Communications: Legislation from 21.10.2021; Environment and Communications: References from 21.10.2021.
- Joint Statutory: Corporations and Financial Services from 13.2.2019 to 1.7.2019 (Deputy Chair from 26.2.2019 to 1.7.2019).
- Joint Standing: Trade and Investment Growth from 12.9.2016 to 1.7.2019; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 14.9.2016 to 14.8.2017; National Disability Insurance Scheme from 22.7.2019; Northern Australia from 22.7.2019 (Deputy Chair from 1.8.2019 to 25.11.2021); Electoral Matters from 8.10.2020 to 13.5.2021.
- Member of the Australian Labor Party from 1995.
- Organiser of the Australian Labor Party National Secretariat, 2004.
- Organiser of the Australian Labor Party State Branch (Qld.) from 2004 to 2007.
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party State Branch (Qld.) from 2008 to 2014.
- Campaign Director of Australian Labor Party State Branch (Qld.) from 2014 to 2015.
- Born 24.2.1978, Brisbane, Australia
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (Griffith University).
- Advisor to the Leader of the Opposition, the Hon. K Rudd MP, 2007.
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party (Qld) from 2008 to 2014.
- Campaign Director of the Australian Labor Party (Qld) from 2014 to 2015.