Regency Road to Pym Street Project request for proposal
28 February 2019
Joint release with:
The Hon Stephan Knoll SA
Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Local Government
The Australian and South Australian Governments have today announced the two shortlisted companies/consortia for the major works contract on the $354 million Regency Road to Pym Street Project.
The major works contract will deliver the 1.8 kilometre section of the North-South Corridor, connecting T2T to the South Road Superway, creating a 47 kilometre non-stop North-South Corridor between Gawler and the River Torrens.
The two shortlisted consortia are:
- McConnell Dowell Constructors Pty Ltd, Mott MacDonald Australia Pty Ltd, ARUP Group Pty Ltd; and
- CPB Contractors Pty Ltd and GHD Pty Ltd.
Minister for Cities, Urban Infrastructure and Population Alan Tudge said the Morrison Government and Marshall Government would work together to deliver this vital infrastructure upgrade to get South Australians home sooner and safer.
“The two shortlisted consortia have considerable experience in delivering infrastructure projects in South Australia, including the Oaklands Crossing Grade Separation Project and Torrens Road to River Torrens Project (T2T),” Mr Tudge said.
A field of four consortia participated in the Expression of Interest process, with South Australian, Australian and International companies taking part.
“The P2R project is the final missing link of the North-South Corridor between Gawler and the River Torrens which improve travel times and ease congestion,” said Minister Knoll.
“Once complete this upgrade will deliver travel time savings of up to 8 minutes during peak periods on South Road between Regency Road and Pym Street.
“This $354 million infrastructure upgrade is an important part of the Marshall Government's record $11.3 billion infrastructure pipeline announced in our first State Budget.”
A competitive Alliance procurement process is being pursued by the State Government, which will enable opportunities for South Australian businesses.
The next part of the process will be the Request for Proposal (RFP) phase which will see the two shortlisted consortia engaged in competitive design and pricing over the next 13 weeks.
The concept design includes:
A 1.8 kilometre section of non-stop roadway, providing three lanes in each direction (at-grade).
- Two lanes in each direction on the South Road surface road, providing access to the surrounding community and local businesses.
- An overpass over Regency Road (three lanes in each direction). Two lanes in each direction (at-grade) on the surface roads underneath.
- Left in and left out only access at Pym Street.
- Full access to and from the non-stop motorway at Regency Road.
- Intersection upgrade at Regency Road.
- Improved cycling and pedestrian facilities.
- A grade separated pedestrian and cycle overpass over South Road in the vicinity of Pym Street.
- Landscaping and noise barriers.
The successful bidder is expected to be announced early in the third quarter of 2019, with construction expected to begin late 2019.
The $354 million Regency Road to Pym Street Project is jointly funded by the Australian and South Australian Governments.