Back to top
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Aston, Victoria, 2010. Re-elected 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister from 18.9.13 to 21.9.15.
- Assistant Minister to the Prime Minister from 21.9.15 to 18.2.16.
- Assistant Minister for Social Services from 30.9.15 to 18.2.16.
- Minister for Human Services from 18.2.16 to 20.12.17.
- Minister for Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs from 20.12.2017 to 26.8.2018.
- Minister for Cities, Urban Infrastructure and Population from 26.8.2018 to 28.5.2019.
- Minister for Population, Cities and Urban Infrastructure from 29.5.2019.
- Cabinet Minister from 29.5.2019.
- House of Representatives Standing: Education and Employment from 25.10.2010 to 05.08.2013.
- Convener, Liberal Party Education Policy Forum.
- Member, Liberal Party Education Committee.
- Member, Liberal Party Campaign Headquarters Team.
- Member, Liberal Party from 2002.
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- MBA (Harvard)
- Consultant, Boston Consulting Group 1996-2001.
- Senior Adviser to the Minister for Foreign Affairs and the Minister for Education 2002-06.
- Deputy Director, Cape York Institute for Policy and Leadership 2006-09.
- Principal, business advisory firm 2009-10.
- Description: Outer Metropolitan.
- Location: eastern Melbourne; it includes the suburbs of Bayswater, Boronia (part), Ferntree Gully (part), Knoxfield, Lysterfield (part), Rowville, Scoresby, Wantirna and Wantirna South.
- Area: 99 Sq km.
- Electors enrolled: 96043 (at 02.07.2016).
- Industries: market gardens, orchards, light industry, electronics, tyre and food manufacturing and chemical production.