The Hon Paul Fletcher MP, Minister for Urban Infrastructure and Cities
- Qantas announcement further evidence of importance of Western Sydney Airport
Minister for Urban Infrastructure and Cities, Paul Fletcher welcomes reports today that Qantas and Jetstar will operate from Western Sydney Airport.
- Working with the heavy vehicle industry to improve our freight networks
The heavy-vehicle industry is invited to submit proposals on how best to trial a user-pays system for delivering the road infrastructure needed to improve freight networks.
- New exit open this week on CityLink Tulla Widening project
The final, major piece of the CityLink Tulla Widening project in Essendon is due to open to drivers next week.
- First stage of Stapley Drive bridge underway in Varsity Lakes
One hundred and seventy-two bridge deck units, each weighing more than four fully grown African bull elephants, will be lifted above the M1 at Varsity Lakes over the next year as part of upgrades at Stapley Drive (exit 84).
- Huon Highway Summerleas Road Intersection now complete
The $22 million Huon Highway Summerleas Road Intersection upgrade in Tasmania is now complete, delivering a safer and smoother journey for motorists travelling to and from the Huon Valley.
- Work underway on innovative parking solution for Central Coast CBDs
Work is starting on the installation of 450 ‘smart parking’ sensors that will help ensure Central Coast residents and visitors spend less time stuck in traffic.
- Safer Central Coast with major road upgrades completed
Several major road upgrades on the NSW Central Coast are now complete, including works on Ryans Road in Umina Beach, Davis Street in Booker Bay and the intersection of Langford Drive and Woy Woy Road in Kariong.
- Construction underway for $27.8m Green Camp Road upgrade
Construction has kicked off on the $27.8 million upgrade to the Green Camp Road corridor, reducing congestion and improving safety for motorists, cyclists and public transport users.
- M4 interchange taking shape as part of The Northern Road upgrade
A mammoth upgrade to The Northern Road in Western Sydney has reached a major milestone, with construction underway on the new bridge at the M4 Motorway interchange.
- More motorist benefits as Ipswich Motorway Upgrade expands
The Ipswich Motorway Upgrade is set to provide even greater benefits to motorists with extra works added to the project to further improve safety and reduce congestion.