Senator The Hon Bridget McKenzie MP, Minister for Regional Services, Minister for Sport, Minister for Local Government and Decentralisation
- Australian Government continues to work for regional Australia
The Australian Government continues to reinforce its absolute commitment to rural and regional Australia by appointing an expert panel to consider the key elements to support strategic growth and development in regional Australia.
- Liberal & Nationals Government backs Regional Australia
The Liberal & Nationals Government has reinforced its absolute commitment to growing rural and regional Australia through a strong regionalisation agenda and an ongoing drive to deliver much-needed infrastructure to the regions.
- Hitting the road in support of drought-affected communities
The Liberal and Nationals Government is partnering with NBN Co to help farmers and local businesses in drought-affected areas access support.
- A much-needed Christmas financial lift for drought-affected Australian families
Drought-affected families are receiving a welcome and much-needed financial lift on the eve of Christmas.
- Sydney—Bendigo air link a welcome boost for regions
Qantas’ announcement of six weekly air services linking Bendigo and Sydney will be a welcomed boost for regional travel, tourism and connectivity, Deputy Prime Minister and Nationals’ Leader Michael McCormack says.
- With Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack, Minister for Regional Services, Sport, Local Government and Decentralisation The Hon Luke Hartsuyker MP, Member for Cowper Mr Patrick Conaghan, Nationals candidate for Cowper Mr Gary Prosser, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Australian Maritime Safety Authority Announcement—AMSA decentralisation
Subjects: AMSA decentralisation
- Regional Deal for Bundaberg and Hervey Bay Region
The Liberal and Nationals’ Government has today announced the Bundaberg and Hervey Bay region will pilot a Regional Deal, with the Government committed to working with state and local governments to identify regional development opportunities.