Senator The Hon Bridget McKenzie MP, Minister for Regional Services, Minister for Sport, Minister for Local Government and Decentralisation
- Sydney—Bendigo air link a welcome boost for regions
Qantas’ announcement of six weekly air services linking Bendigo and Sydney will be a welcomed boost for regional travel, tourism and connectivity, Deputy Prime Minister and Nationals’ Leader Michael McCormack says.
- With Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack, Minister for Regional Services, Sport, Local Government and Decentralisation The Hon Luke Hartsuyker MP, Member for Cowper Mr Patrick Conaghan, Nationals candidate for Cowper Mr Gary Prosser, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Australian Maritime Safety Authority Announcement—AMSA decentralisation
Subjects: AMSA decentralisation
- Regional Deal for Bundaberg and Hervey Bay Region
The Liberal and Nationals’ Government has today announced the Bundaberg and Hervey Bay region will pilot a Regional Deal, with the Government committed to working with state and local governments to identify regional development opportunities.
- Successful regional small businesses = successful communities
The Liberal National government will extend the Drought Communities Program (DCP) to another twenty-one local councils across Australia to help support communities doing it tough during the current drought.
- Transformational infrastructure projects set to grow our regions
A range of transformational regional infrastructure projects are a step closer to becoming a reality with applicants asked to submit full business cases for approval under the Australian Government’s highly anticipated $272.2 million Regional Growth Fund.