Infrastructure Australia's 2020 Priority List welcomed
The Federal Liberal and Nationals Government has welcomed today’s release of Infrastructure Australia’s (IA) 2020 update to its Infrastructure Priority List, which reaffirms the Government’s delivery of the infrastructure Australia needs and deserves.
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development Michael McCormack said IA’s List gives Governments independent, expert input on where they should be directing infrastructure spending.
“The 2020 Infrastructure Priority List delivers the largest list of projects to date – including 147 nationally significant proposals across a range of sectors including transport, energy, water, communications, housing and education and about $58 billion worth of projects,” Mr McCormack said.
“This year’s list provides a new snapshot to guide infrastructure investment across the nation over the next 15 years.
“The list focuses on delivering regional and urban projects to support a growing population, to meet the national freight challenge and get Australians home to their loved ones sooner and safer.
“Strategic advice and expert planning is critical to help guide the Liberal and Nationals Government’s 10-year, $100 billion infrastructure plan which is already boosting the economy and helping Australians reach their destinations more quickly and safely.
“The Government has already committed to many of the major congestion-busting initiatives appearing for the first time on the Priority List.
“This includes projects in Australia’s biggest capital cities as well as those which promote growth across regional Australia.”
Projects on the list already supported by the Government include:
- $155 million for the Nowra Bridge project
- $500 million for the NSW section of the Princes Highway Corridor, with investment decisions to be informed by the now completed Princes Highway Corridor Strategy
- $225 million for the Frankston to Baxter Rail Upgrade
- $269 million for Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 3A
- $375 million for the M1 Pacific Motorway – Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill upgrade
- $500 million for the M1 Pacific Motorway – Varsity Lakes to Tugun upgrade
- $130 million for the Bruce Highway – Deception Bay Road Interchange upgrade
- $530 million for the Bruce Highway – Caboolture-Bribie Island Road to Steve Irwin Way upgrade
- $241 million for the Bruce Highway – Maroochydore Road and Mons Road Interchanges upgrade
- $800 million for the Bruce Highway – Cooroy to Curra – Section D upgrade
- $384 million for the Bruce Highway – Cairns Southern Access – Stage 3 – Edmonton to Gordonvale upgrade
- $120 million for the Bowen Basin Service Link – Walkerston Bypass project
- $220 million for the Great Northern Highway – Bindoon Bypass project
- $70 million to upgrade the Wheatbelt Secondary Freight Network
Mr McCormack – Tess Salmon 0467 740 017 | Hannah Maguire 0429 920 254