The Hon Michael McCormack MP, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development
- New era for water infrastructure: applications open for $500 million in funding
State and territory governments are urged to apply for a share of $500 million for new water infrastructure projects, which have the potential to transform regional communities and economies.
- Design underway for Bruce Highway safety upgrade north of Glenwood
Detailed design is underway for upgrades to the Bruce Highway near Gootchie, in the growing area north of Glenwood, Queensland.
- New arts project to tell stories of convict women and orphan children in Tasmania
The Liberal & Nationals Government has today committed $100,000 to help fund From the Shadows—an important arts project which tells the stories of convict women and orphan school children in Tasmania through sculpture.
- Infrastructure Australia appoints new CEO
The Australian Government has welcomed Infrastructure Australia’s (IA) announcement of Romilly Madew as its new Chief Executive Officer, to continue important independent work analysing and assessing infrastructure projects to provide strategic advice and guidance, to State and Federal decision-makers.
- Work starts on Bruce Highway upgrade at Chatsworth
The New Year brings more safety upgrades on the Bruce Highway, with roadworks now under way on a 4.7-kilometre stretch of highway at Chatsworth, north of Gympie.