The Hon Michael McCormack MP, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development
- Renewed bridges lead to safer, stronger communities
Local businesses and communities are set to benefit through enhanced transport connectivity, from the latest roll-out of the Australian Government’s $480 million Bridges Renewal Program.
- Heywire and Trailblazers an inspiration: Deputy PM
Inspiring stories from young leaders across regional Australia were a focus of Federal Parliament this week, as 48 winners of the ABC Heywire and Trailblazer programs attended the inaugural ABC Heywire Youth Summit, Deputy Prime Minister and Nationals’ Leader Michael McCormack says
- Announcement of Infrastructure Australia Priority List 2019
Subject: Infrastructure Australia Priority List 2019
- Infrastructure Australia 2019 Priority List Welcomed
The Australian Government welcomes today’s release of Infrastructure Australia’s (IA) annual Infrastructure Priority List, to assist with the strategic delivery of nation-building infrastructure.
- More Bruce Highway safety works underway North of Gin Gin
Safety upgrades have started along a 2.4-kilometre section of the Bruce Highway located about 1.5 kilometres north of Gin Gin in the Bundaberg region.
- Six-laning the Bruce Highway to Steve Irwin Way a step closer
Detailed design to widen the Bruce Highway to six lanes between Caboolture and Steve Irwin Way is about to start, setting the project up for a 2020 construction start date.
- Local Communities Central in Newell Highway Study
Local expertise to boost freight efficiency and road safety, as well as flood preparation, are front and centre as the Australian Government’s Newell Highway Corridor Strategy gets under way, with PwC Australia selected to deliver the study.