Back to top
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Forrest, Western Australia, 2007. Re-elected 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories from 29.5.2019.
- Joint Standing: Treaties from 1.9.2016; Public Accounts and Audit from 10.8.2017.
- Joint Select: Cyber-Safety from 28.3.2011 to 24.6.2013; DisabilityCare Australia from 19.6.2013 to 5.8.2013.
- House of Representatives Standing: House from 11.3.2008 to 19.7.2010; Climate Change, Water, Environment and the Arts from 10.11.2008 to 19.7.2010; Communications from 4.6.2009 to 19.7.2010; Selection from 30.9.2010 to 22.3.2011; Appropriations and Administration from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Climate Change, Environment and the Arts from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Selection from 23.5.2011 to 25.5.2011; Appropriations and Administration from 26.11.2013 to 9.5.2016; House from 26.11.2013 to 9.5.2016; Environment from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016; Infrastructure and Communications from 4.12.2013 to 13.10.2015; Infrastructure, Transport and Cities from 19.10.2015 to 4.2.2016; Communications and the Arts from 11.11.2015 to 9.5.2016; Agriculture and Industry from 11.2.2016 to 9.5.2016; Publications from 14.9.2016; Appropriations and Administration from 14.9.2016; House from 14.9.2016; Privileges and Members' Interests from 10.8.2017; Agriculture and Water Resources from 6.2.2018.
- House of Representatives Select: Regional Development and Decentralisation from 6.2.2018 to 28.6.2018.
Parliamentary party positions
- Opposition Deputy Whip in the House of Representatives from 12.2.2008 to 5.8.2013.
- Government Whip in the House of Representatives from 18.9.2013 to 12.10.2015.
- Government Chief Whip in the House of Representatives from 12.10.2015 to 9.5.2016.
- Government Chief Whip in the House of Representatives from 30.8.2016.
- President of the Liberal Party Harvey Branch from 1991 to 1995.
- Vice-President of the Liberal Party Harvey Branch from 1991 to 1995.
- Vice-President of the Liberal Party Harvey Branch, 2006.
- President of the Liberal Party Harvey Branch, 2006.
- Born 18.2.1954, Harvey, Australia
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Administration and secretarial duties 1971-72
- Small business owner from 1972
- Location: south west Western Australia; it includes the cities of Bunbury and Busselton and the shires of Augusta-Margaret River, Capel, Dardanup, Donnybrook-Balingup, Harvey and Nannup.
- Area: 11,072 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 100,262 (at 2.7.2016)
- Industries: agriculture, forestry, mining, fisheries, manufacturing, commerce and tourism.
- ABC Regional Rural Woman of the Year (WA South West Region) 1996
- Premiers Australia Day Active Citizenship Award (WA) 2004