The Hon Sussan Ley MP, Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories
- O'Halloran reappointed as Northern Territory Administrator
Her Honour the Honourable Vicki O’Halloran AM has been reappointed by the Governor-General, His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd) as the Northern Territory Administrator, continuing her ongoing advocacy and passion for the people of the Northern Territory.
- Strategic plan outlines Cocos (Keeling) Islands vision to 2030
I congratulate the Indian Ocean Territories Regional Development Organisation and its Chair, Mrs Natasha Griggs, the Administrator of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands, on the release of the Our Cocos (Keeling) Islands 2030 Strategic Plan.
- National Capital revitalised thanks to Budget funds
The Coalition Government will invest an additional $13.9 million over the next three years in the National Capital to help the National Capital Authority (NCA) deliver major upgrades on key infrastructure.
- Progress on Christmas and the Cocos (Keeling) Island Key Projects
As the Parliamentary term draws to a close, I would like to update the communities of Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands on a number of important projects and initiatives underway
- Regional Growth Fund delivers for northern Victoria and southern New South Wales
Local governments across northern Victoria and southern New South Wales have received funding approval through the Liberal and Nationals Government's Regional Growth Fund for foreshore redevelopments and upgrades to other public areas across the region.
- Australian Government welcomes findings from Parliamentary Inquiry into ACT Light Rail
Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories Sussan Ley today welcomed the findings from the recent parliamentary inquiry into Stage 2 of Canberra’s light rail project.
- Economic development on Christmas Island remains a priority
In light of the recent focus on the reopening of the detention centre, I wish to reassure you that the Coalition Government remains committed to supporting a strong, sustainable and diverse economy.
- New roundabout provides safer passage through Griffith
The construction of a new roundabout at the intersection of Thorne Road and Kidman Way is now complete, offering better access for heavy vehicles and a safer route for all motorists driving through Griffith.
- Eric Hutchinson reappointed as Norfolk Island Administrator
I am pleased to announce that the Governor General has agreed to re-appoint Eric Hutchinson as Norfolk Island Administrator for an additional term of two years.
- Dedicated freight air service flights and roads funding
I know how important freight is to your community, and I am delighted to let you know that the Australian Government is providing funds to support some dedicated freight flights to Norfolk Island over the next few months.