The Hon Sussan Ley MP, Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories
- Regional Growth Fund delivers for northern Victoria and southern New South Wales
Local governments across northern Victoria and southern New South Wales have received funding approval through the Liberal and Nationals Government's Regional Growth Fund for foreshore redevelopments and upgrades to other public areas across the region.
- Australian Government welcomes findings from Parliamentary Inquiry into ACT Light Rail
Assistant Minister for Regional Development and Territories Sussan Ley today welcomed the findings from the recent parliamentary inquiry into Stage 2 of Canberra’s light rail project.
- Economic development on Christmas Island remains a priority
In light of the recent focus on the reopening of the detention centre, I wish to reassure you that the Coalition Government remains committed to supporting a strong, sustainable and diverse economy.
- New roundabout provides safer passage through Griffith
The construction of a new roundabout at the intersection of Thorne Road and Kidman Way is now complete, offering better access for heavy vehicles and a safer route for all motorists driving through Griffith.
- Eric Hutchinson reappointed as Norfolk Island Administrator
I am pleased to announce that the Governor General has agreed to re-appoint Eric Hutchinson as Norfolk Island Administrator for an additional term of two years.
- Dedicated freight air service flights and roads funding
I know how important freight is to your community, and I am delighted to let you know that the Australian Government is providing funds to support some dedicated freight flights to Norfolk Island over the next few months.
- Public Consultation Starts on Christmas Island Strategic Assessment
Public comment is now invited on the draft terms of reference for the Strategic Assessment of Christmas Island, which will support economic activity and diversity by ensuring clarity about environmental approval arrangements for the next 50 years.
- Action taken to progress and protect Christmas Island
The Morrison Government will engage the Christmas Island community to explore new opportunities for growth, development and environmental conservation, as the Island undergoes an economic transition.
- Keeping the Norfolk Island Community Updated
During my visit to Norfolk Island in November, a few people asked me for more regular updates about key projects, and how they can feed into the process. I hope the following information will be of some assistance in keeping you across the latest.