RDA committees strengthening regions across Queensland
23 March 2015
Regional Queensland will be boosted by the Australian Government's appointment of Regional Development Australia (RDA) committees across the state.
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Regional Development Warren Truss said the appointments will ensure RDA committees continue to drive economic growth and make the most of their region's potential.
“The RDA committees are well placed to help foster stronger regions across the nation and ensure all three tiers of government work together effectively,” Mr Truss said.
“They will advise on priority activities that will unlock regional economic development and improve the productivity of their regions.
“RDA committees will provide advice to the Government on critical issues affecting each region and are an important mechanism to increase access to Australian Government programmes in regional communities.
“The committees will also assist local community stakeholders to develop project proposals and will direct them to appropriate public and/or private funding sources—including the $1 billion National Stronger Regions Fund.”
The following individuals have been appointed or re-appointed as committee members:
- RDA Brisbane—Ms Laura Barnes; Ms Margo Couldrey; Mr David Hansen; Mr Jeffrey Lassen; Mr Mark Townend AM; Mr Donald Whitehouse OAM
- RDA Darling Downs and South West—Mr Derek Tuffield; Prof Glen Postle AM; Julia Telford
- RDA Far North QLD and Torres Strait—Mr William Moller; Cr Julia Leu; Mayor Peter Scott; Miss Lara Wilde; Mr Bruce Martin; Mr Clive Skarott; Mrs Susan Darby; Mr Amos Muceru Njaramba; Dr Scott Davis; Ms Joann Schmider; Mr Keith Noble; Mr Robin Giason
- RDA Fitzroy and Central West—Mr Graham McVean; Cr Neville Ferrier; Cr Graham Lenton; Cr Gai Sypher; Ms Mary Carroll
- RDA Gold Coast—Prof Paul Burton; Ms Jevena O'Brien; Mr Stephen Simpson; Ms Trina Hockley; Ms Anne Norton-Knight; Miss Nicole Willis; Mr Dale Scotcher
- RDA Ipswich and West Moreton—Cr Jennifer Sanders; Mr Paul Emmerson; Mr Simon Warner; Cr Victor Attwood; Mr Russell Pearce; Mr Albert de Ruiter
- RDA Logan and Redlands—Mr Miguel Diaz; Dr Douglas Hunt; Mr Marc Meili; Mrs Sophie Head; Mrs Nicola Dowding; Mr David Gardner; Mrs Janelle MacGinley; Mr Andrew Peach; Mr Gunther De Grave
- RDA Mackay-Isaac-Whitsunday—Mr Robert Cocco; Mr Colin Streeter; Mr Barry Omundson; Ms Kylie Porter; Mr Stephen Schwer; Prof Pierre Viljoen; Mr Scott Waters; Mr Quinton Hildebrand; Miss Jessica Simpson
- RDA Moreton Bay—Mr Andrew Grimshaw; Cr Michael Charlton; Ms Sharon Armstrong; Ms Kit Ison; Mr Christopher Hay
- RDA Sunshine Coast—Mr Glenn Ferguson; Mr Cameron Hall; Mrs Kari Stephens; Mr Ian Young; Mr Brook Kitson
- RDA Townsville and North West—Ms Karen Arbouin; Ms Roslyn Baker; Mr David Donohue; Mr Jeffrey Jimmieson; Mayor Gregory Jones; Mr David Kippin; Prof Sabina Knight; Prof David Low; Mr Bob Owen
- RDA Wide Bay Burnett—Ms Kirsti Kee; Cr Malcolm Forman; Mrs Janelle Gerry; Mr Ben Ellingsen; Cr Joanne Dowling; Mrs Georgie Somerset
Regional Development Australia consists of a national network of 55 committees designed to strongly focus on regional economic development and facilitate local projects that aim to make a difference in their local communities
Mr Truss thanked retiring committee members for their service and wished the new committees well as they work to deliver stronger local regions.