The Hon Keith Pitt MP Biography
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Hinkler, Queensland, 2013 and 2016.
- Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister from 18.2.16 to 19.7.16 and from 5.3.18.
- Assistant Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment from 19.7.16 to 20.12.17.
- House of Representatives Standing: Infrastructure and Communications from 4.12.13 to 13.10.15; Privileges and Members' Interests from 4.12.13 to 24.2.16; Infrastructure, Transport and Cities from 19.10.15 to 11.11.15; Communications and the Arts from 11.11.15 to 2.2.16.
- Joint Select: Australia Fund Establishment from 23.10.14 to 25.6.15.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 19.10.15 to 2.2.16.
- House of Representatives Select: Committee on Regional Development and Decentralisation from 6.2.18.
- Secretary, LNP Burnett State Electoral Conference 2012.
- Born 31.8.1969, Bundaberg, Qld.
Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- B. Eng. (Computer and Electrical) (QUT).
- Electrical fitter mechanic.
- Electrical engineer, Bundaberg Sugar Ltd.
- Group safety co-ordinator, Bundaberg Sugar Ltd.
- Sugar cane farmer.
- Managing Director, Australian Safety and Training Alliance.
Location: southern central Queensland coast; it includes the centres of Bundaberg, Bargara, Burrum Heads, Childers and Hervey Bay.
Area: 3 504 sq km.
Electors enrolled: 100 687 (at 2.7.16).
Industries: sugar, small crops (including tomatoes, avocados and macadamia nuts), rum, fishing, seafood industries and tourism.
State electorates: Hinkler includes the Queensland Legislative Assembly electorate of Bundaberg, and parts of Burnett, Hervey Bay and Maryborough.