The Hon Paul Fletcher MP, Minister for Urban Infrastructure and Cities
- New Huon Highway overpass boosts safety at major intersection
Hobart motorists will have access to safer roads following the opening of the new Huon Highway overpass at Summerleas Road near Kingston.
In Parl’t to introduce Road Vehicle Standards Bill - it will modernise & strengthen rules about safety of vehicles & reduce compliance costs
Introducing the Road Vehicle Standards Bill in Parliament. Full video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MRrsRZrfzM&feature=youtu.be ….
- Government moves to improve vehicle safety and better protect the community
The Turnbull Government has today introduced to Parliament a package of legislation that will modernise and strengthen the laws governing road vehicles when first supplied to the Australian market.
- Design and build phase begins for Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive Interchange
A congestion-busting project in Perth’s northern corridor has reached an important milestone with proposals called from industry to design and build the $50 million Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive Interchange.
- Contract awarded to upgrade M1 Pacific Motorway at Weakleys Drive
Work to upgrade the M1 Pacific Motorway is ramping up with the construction contract to upgrade the intersection of Weakleys Drive and John Renshaw Drive awarded to Georgiou Group Pty Ltd.
- WSA Co to go to market for Western Sydney Airport earthworks
Western Sydney Airport is a step closer to becoming reality with WSA Co set to go to market for main earthworks and airside pavements on the airport site.
- Works ramp up on the M1 between Mudgeeraba and Varsity Lakes
Heavy construction on the congestion-busting M1 widening between Mudgeeraba and Varsity Lakes on the Gold Coast is now a step closer with Seymour Whyte Constructions being awarded the project contract.
- Work starting on third northbound lane as part of M1 upgrades
The M1 Pacific Motorway upgrade between Tuggerah and Doyalson is charging ahead, with work to start on Tuesday January 30 on construction of a third northbound lane of the motorway.
- Two important milestones as Western Sydney Airport site is cleared for construction
In another milestone towards delivery of Western Sydney Airport, the last remaining building was cleared from the site today.
Speaking to media at Western Syd Airport site which today goes from being farmland to a construction site. Full video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y605hSAcv8Y&feature=youtu.be …
With WSA Co chair Paul O’Sullivan speaking to media at Western Syd Airport site where work has started to put transmission line underground
- Expressions of Interest open to complete the M80 Ring Road Upgrade
The M80 Ring Road upgrade has reached another important project milestone, with Expressions of Interest now open to complete the remaining sections of the project.