The Hon Paul Fletcher MP, Minister for Urban Infrastructure and Cities
- Works to start on $174.3m Oaklands Crossing as contract awarded
Detailed design works to remove the Oaklands Park level crossing will begin immediately, after the major contract for the $174.3 million project was awarded to the Public Transport Projects Alliance (PTP Alliance) consisting of McConnell Dowell, Mott MacDonald and Arup.
- Contract awarded for M1 Upgrade between Kariong and Somersby
Motorists will soon see major benefits as work commences on three major upgrades along the M1 Pacific Motorway following the award of the construction contract today.
- Putting the brakes on heavy vehicle road accidents
The Australian Government is seeking feedback on several options designed to improve the safety of new heavy vehicles by ensuring they are fitted with the latest advanced braking technologies.
- All aboard Stage 2 as rail connects Brisbane to the Gold Coast beaches
Gold Coast residents and public transport users have received an early Christmas present with Stage 2 of the light rail officially opening to passengers ahead of schedule.
- Government invites heavy vehicle industry to participate in road reform trials
The Turnbull Government is working with states and territories to investigate reforms to the way that heavy vehicles (4.5 tonnes and above, comprising about 3 per cent of all vehicles) are charged to use roads.
Speaking at Roads Australia lunch at Melbourne Town Hall, about the Turnbull Government’s reform agenda for heavy vehicle user charging
- Getting ready for earthworks at the Western Sydney Airport site
WSA Co will today release to market the Registration Of Interest (ROI) for early stage earthworks on the Western Sydney Airport site.
- Coalition delivering $10 billion National Rail Program
The Australian Government is getting on with the job of delivering its record investment in rail by releasing key selection criteria for its $10 billion National Rail Program (NRP).
- Government to Consult Stakeholders on Exposure Draft of Road Vehicle Standards Bills
The Turnbull Government has today released exposure drafts of a package of legislation that will modernise and strengthen the laws governing road vehicles when first supplied to the Australian market, along with a draft of the Rules to be made under the legislation.