Senator the Hon Fiona Nash, Minister for Regional Development
Election-related material is not available on this website
For releases relating to Senator Nash's other portfolios, please see the following sites:
- Carpentaria Shire receive boost from drought project
Carpentaria Shire Council has received a significant boost, with almost $1.5 million in funding approved under the Drought Communities Programme for pavement and sealing works of the road from Normanton to Burketown, which is part of the Savannah Way linking Cairns and Broome.
- Diamantina Shire set to benefit from $500,000 drought project
Diamantina Shire Council has received an additional $500,000 boost under the Drought Communities Programme to upgrade the Birdsville Caravan Park.
- Building our Future: Strengthening Australia through critical and innovative infrastructure investment
The 2016–17 Budget provides for ongoing investment in critical infrastructure and regional development to reduce congestion, improve safety and better connect Australian products to domestic and international markets.
- Brewarrina Shire set to benefit from Drought project
Brewarrina Shire Council has received a significant boost, with $495,000 approved from its $1.5 million allocation to build much‑needed infrastructure projects under the Coalition Government's $35 million Drought Communities Programme.
- Slam dunk for Emerald Primary School as new sporting facilities open
Students of Emerald Primary School will soon be playing basketball and netball on a $1.5 million international grade court with the school's new indoor stadium open today.
- Paringa Backpackers Resort ready to welcome guests
The new $1.2 million Paringa Backpackers Resort officially opened today, offering accommodation for seasonal workers and tourists to the Riverland region of South Australia.
- Bendigo's new aquatic centre one step closer to reality
The community fundraising drive for the Greater Bendigo Aquatic Leisure and Wellbeing Centre was launched today.
- More aged care beds on offer for Norlane
Residents in North Geelong will soon have access to a range of much needed services, including a new aged care facility and 52 affordable rental houses, with construction starting today on the $43.5 million Norlane Integrated Community Project.