Senator the Hon Fiona Nash, Minister for Regional Development, Minister for Local Government and Territories
For releases relating to Senator Nash's other portfolio, please see:
- Manufacturing upgrade in Mount Gambier assembled and ready
Upgrades to Bedford Manufacturing, a producer of ready-to-assemble timber furniture for the Australian retail market, are now complete, with the official opening celebrated today in Mount Gambier.
- Apply now for round one of the Building Better Regions Fund
Community groups and local governments are encouraged to submit their applications for round one of the Building Better Regions Fund, which will support community and infrastructure projects outside of the major capital cities.
- ANAO gives Coalition's National Stronger Regions Fund tick of approval
The Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) report into round two of the National Stronger Regions Fund (NSRF) has given the Fund two thumbs up.
- Concept plans revealed for Devonport Living City Waterfront
The waterfront precinct concept plans for the Living City project were unveiled for public feedback today, showcasing the next stage of the project with a proposed waterfront hotel, apartments and attractive public space in Devonport, Tasmania.
- Lyrebird Preschool in Nowra receives playground upgrade
The playground at the Lyrebird Preschool-Kindergarten in Nowra has received a much needed upgrade, to the delight of staff, parents and students.
- Rockhampton ready for helicopter rescue hangar expansion
The first sod was turned today on the construction of a new two bay hangar for the RACQ Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service in Rockhampton.
- Doors open on new visitor accommodation in Nyabing
Tourists and short term visitors of Nyabing in regional Western Australian now have access to six modern self-contained accommodation units as part of a larger Community Hub project that will also include a doctor's consulting room, conference and dining facilities and a commercial kitchen.
- Little-known beach named after Australia's GG wins title of Australia's best
A remote beach named after Australia’s Governor-General has won the title of Australia’s best, and two of Australia’s little known Territories have been named in the top 10 in a new ranking of Australia’s beaches, Minister for Regional Development and Territories Fiona Nash said today.
- Indigenous mural unveiled in Silo Art Trail series
A huge 30m x 40m Indigenous mural celebrating members of the Barengi Gadjin community has been unveiled at the Sheep Hills silo in north-west Victoria, highlighting the importance of indigenous heritage throughout this region.