The Hon Dr John McVeigh MP, Minister for Regional Development, Territories and Local Government
- Regional leaders to plan for the future at RDA Forum
The Regional Development Australia (RDA) National Forum is being held in Canberra this week
- Councils given funding to spend where they need it most
The Coalition Government's first quarterly payment under the 2018–19 Financial Assistance Grant program will be delivered to the states and territories from today and will be distributed to local councils across the country.
- Interview with Kelly Fuller ABC New England North West
Subjects: Assistance for drought affected farmers
- Australia's longest rail trail opens in Brisbane's west
Trekking tourism in Brisbane's west is set to explode with today's long-awaited opening of a multi-use rail trail stretching 161kms along a disused rail corridor making it the longest such trail in Australia.
- Something for everyone in Kadina at the redeveloped leisure centre
Today's opening of the redeveloped Copper Coast Sport and Leisure Centre in Kadina, South Australia, will boost community participation in sport and cultural events.
- Improved infrastructure to pave the way to better regions
New and improved infrastructure projects will soon be underway in regional and remote Australia, following today’s announcement the Coalition Government would invest more than $208 million in 136 projects under round two of the Building Better Regions Fund—Infrastructure Projects stream.
- Futureproofing telecommunications in Norfolk Island
I am pleased to announce reliable mobile phone and internet services are coming to Norfolk Island with the Coalition Government supporting the installation of a 4G network under the Building Better Regions Fund–Infrastructure Projects stream.
- Tweed, Murwillumbah big winners in regional funding round
The Tweed Heads and Murwillumbah regions will benefit from more than $1 million in Federal funding, with support for the Tweed Heads Civic, Cultural Centre Plaza and Social Enterprise Café and Murwillumbah Town Centre Revitalisation Project announced under the Building Better Regions Fund today.
- Glen Willow Regional Sports Complex receives major boost
Mudgee is set for an even better sports complex following the Coalition Government's announcement to provide funding for stage two of the Glen Willow Regional Sports Complex project.