The Hon Dr John McVeigh MP, Minister for Regional Development, Territories and Local Government
- Improved infrastructure to pave the way to better regions
New and improved infrastructure projects will soon be underway in regional and remote Australia, following today’s announcement the Coalition Government would invest more than $208 million in 136 projects under round two of the Building Better Regions Fund—Infrastructure Projects stream.
- Futureproofing telecommunications in Norfolk Island
I am pleased to announce reliable mobile phone and internet services are coming to Norfolk Island with the Coalition Government supporting the installation of a 4G network under the Building Better Regions Fund–Infrastructure Projects stream.
- Tweed, Murwillumbah big winners in regional funding round
The Tweed Heads and Murwillumbah regions will benefit from more than $1 million in Federal funding, with support for the Tweed Heads Civic, Cultural Centre Plaza and Social Enterprise Café and Murwillumbah Town Centre Revitalisation Project announced under the Building Better Regions Fund today.
- Glen Willow Regional Sports Complex receives major boost
Mudgee is set for an even better sports complex following the Coalition Government's announcement to provide funding for stage two of the Glen Willow Regional Sports Complex project.
- Airport Redevelopment to Unlock the Region's Potential
Funding for the redevelopment of Mount Gambier Airport will help unlock the region's potential as well as create a jobs bonanza for the community.
- Green Light for Mildura South Regional Sports Precinct
Local sports fans have plenty to celebrate today with the announcement that the Federal Coalition Government will deliver $10 million for the construction of stage one of the Mildura South Regional Sports Precinct.
- Major Boost for St John Ambulance Service in Busselton
A new multi-million dollar purpose-built depot and first aid training centre for Busselton's St John Ambulance will help meet increased demands in the region and improve response times in emergencies.
- Green Light for Harvey Community and Sports Centre
Sports fans in Harvey can celebrate this week following the announcement of funding for the Harvey Community and Sporting Facility project under the Coalition Government's Building Better Regions Fund.
- Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Shire Council wins 2018 National Award for Excellence in Local Government
The Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Shire Council has taken out the 2018 National Award for Excellence in Local Government with their innovative approach to ensuring lifesaving communications remain accessible during natural disaster events.
- New ‘Grace Benny Award’ celebrates women in Local Government
Minister for Regional Development, Territories and Local Government John McVeigh tonight announced a new national award to encourage more women in local government.