The Hon Michael McCormack MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Funding flows for lifesaving remote airstrip upgrades
Connections to some of Australia's most regional and remote communities have been further strengthened today with $7 million allocated to 31 projects under Round 5 of the Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program.
- Calder Highway motorists see welcome relief with new interchange opening
Calder Highway motorists can now enjoy a safer and more efficient intersection at Ravenswood, south of Bendigo, thanks to the completion of a major interchange upgrade which opened to traffic today.
- Key appointments to national transport safety agencies
Safety was the focus of key appointments made to transport agencies announced today by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Michael McCormack.
- Inland Rail Regional Office Now Open in Albury–Wodonga
Job seekers, workers and local communities in regional Victoria and southern New South Wales will soon be reaping the rewards of Inland Rail with the opening of an Albury-Wodonga local office—one of three located along the 1,700 kilometre project.
- Delivered: Gilmore gets green light for safer roads
Safer journeys are on the way for NSW South Coast drivers from Tomakin to Batemans Bay and Nowra to Coolangatta with the Australian Government approving $9 million to upgrade four main roads in the Eurobodalla and Shoalhaven shires.
- Key Queensland Inland Rail section declared Coordinated Project
The iconic Inland Rail project is building momentum in Queensland with the State's Coordinator-General declaring the section between the New South Wales and Queensland border and Gowrie as a ‘Coordinated Project’.
- Goulburn Valley receives major regional jobs and funding boost
Businesses, jobseekers and workers in the Goulburn Valley are the big winners, thanks to a major jobs and funding boost delivered by the Coalition Government’s Regional Jobs and Investment Package.
- Inland Rail and Regional Rail Revival Agreements Reached
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Michael McCormack and Victorian Minister for Public Transport and Major Projects Jacinta Allan have today signed a Bilateral Agreement in relation to Inland Rail, making Victoria the first state to sign up to the Inland Rail project.
- Construction of new bridge over the Clarence at Harwood continues
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Michael McCormack joined Federal Member for Page Kevin Hogan today to view progress on construction of a new bridge across the Clarence River at Harwood.