The Hon Michael McCormack MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Former Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss appointed ARTC Chair
Former Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss has today been appointed Chair of the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC).
- Feasibility design contract awarded for Inland Rail in New South Wales
The Australian Government is continuing to progress the Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail, with a $6 million contract awarded for feasibility design work between Illabo and Stockinbingal in New South Wales.
- TEARC business case to be considered by the Australian Government
The Turnbull Government understands that following the release of the business case for the Townsville Eastern Access Rail Corridor (TEARC) today, the Queensland Government has concluded that the costs of the project would significantly outweigh the benefits for the community.
- Australian Government increases commitment to iconic Outback Way
The Australian Government will deliver another $160 million to seal and widen priority sections of the iconic Outback Way, taking the Government's total commitment to the route to $330 million and continuing the Government's commitment to nation building and improving regional connectivity.
- Announcement, Funding for the Melbourne Airport Rail Link
Subjects: Congestion-busting infrastructure; regional rail; Syria.
- Big Lift for Peak Downs Highway over Mackay Ring Road
Another construction milestone has been reached on the Mackay Ring Road project with work starting on the Peak Downs Highway overpass.
- Design of Mackay Northern Access Upgrade Project Stage 1 Released
Congestion-relief designs for the Mackay Northern Access Upgrade Project Stage 1 are paving the way to a better Bruce Highway north of Mackay.
- Great Ocean Road upgrade to provide long–term benefits
The Great Ocean Road at Mt Defiance will be temporarily closed to traffic for four days in late May to allow for vital geotechnical, drainage and road rebuilding works to be completed.
- Backing Central Queensland with funding for Rookwood Weir
The Liberal-Nationals Government will ensure there is long-term water security for Central Queensland by providing an additional $46.1 million to support the construction of the Rookwood Weir.
- Construction begins on major roundabout in Griffith
Work has begun on building a $1.6 million roundabout designed to make the intersection of Thorne Road and Kidman Way in Griffith New South Wales safer and more efficient.