The Hon Michael McCormack MP, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Development
- Major work starts on new Lansdowne Bridge near Goulburn
Improved safety and transport productivity are on the way for the Goulburn community with major work on the new Lansdowne Bridge and road approaches now getting underway.
- Former Mayor to lead Inland Rail consultative committee in Queensland
A fifth Community Consultative Committee (CCC) has been established by the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) for Inland Rail, appointing a prominent former local Mayor to lead its work, Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack says.
- Getting on with the job: contracts signed for Inland Rail
The Parkes to Narromine section of the once-in-a-generation Inland Rail project is one step closer, thanks to the more than $300 million construction contract signed for the first section of the 1,700-kilometre rail line.
- Future is 'Rosi' for Australia's Key Road Corridors
The Liberal and Nationals' Government's 10-year, $3.5 billion Roads of Strategic Importance (ROSI) initiative is set to deliver game-changing works to drive productivity and efficiency gains across Australia's key freight routes.
- Myalup-Wellington water project boost for south west
Irrigated agriculture production in the Collie River, Harvey and Waroona districts in south-west Western Australia is set to expand thanks to a transformational water infrastructure initiative.
- Feds sign off on $235 million North East Rail Line Funding
Federal funding is set to flow to the North East Rail Line thanks to formal approval of its $235 million commitment to flow to the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) to deliver the project, another key milestone toward getting the major upgrade up and running.
- Warrnambool and Geelong line upgrades out to market
The first step in the process to award a contract for major works on the Warrnambool and Geelong line upgrades is under way, with a call for Expressions of Interest from contractors.
- $40 Million Buntine Highway Upgrade well underway in Northern Australia
Further upgrades to one of the Northern Territory's high-priority cattle routes has started, following the start of construction for Package 1 in June.