The Hon Michael McCormack MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Launch of ‘The Missing Workers’: Locally-led migration strategies to better meet rural labour needs, Regional Australia Institute
Regional Australia Institute
Parliament House, Canberra
- Inquiry into National Freight and Supply Chain Priorities released
The Australian Government has today released the Inquiry into National Freight and Supply Chain Priorities Report and commenced discussions with State Governments on priority actions.
- Federal Funding Delivers for 'Black Spots' and other Upgrades in the Northern Territory
The safety of five Northern Territory road ‘black spots’ will be substantially improved over the next 12 months.
- Gippsland welcomes the new Lindenow Glenaladale Bridge
The new $2.4 million Lindenow Glenaladale Bridge in East Gippsland is now open, with the project set to improve flood immunity and productivity.
- Press Conference with Senator The Hon Ian Macdonald Mareeba, Queensland
Subjects: Mareeba-Dimbulah Water Supply Scheme; the National Water Infrastructure Development Fund contribution of $11.6 million; Northern Australia funding
- Victoria Cross recipient honoured in lasting tribute
Lieutenant Albert Borella, a Victoria Cross recipient during the First World War, has been commemorated with a recently opened Hume Highway rest area named in his honour at Murlo in NSW.
- Federal funding to flow for the Mareeba-Dimbulah Water Supply Scheme
The Liberal and Nationals Government will provide $11.6 million towards the modernisation of the Mareeba-Dimbulah Water Supply Scheme in northern Queensland, providing increased water availability and reliability to growers within the Atherton Tablelands.
- Budget delivers for Queensland's Cunningham Highway
The site of a planned major upgrade to the Cunningham Highway, announced in the Federal Budget, was in focus today as Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack and Agriculture Minister David Littleproud toured the upgrade area with Wright MP Scott Buchholz and Senator Amanda Stoker.
- Next Steps for North East Rail Line Upgrade
Community consultation is about to commence on the $235 million North East Line upgrade Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Michael McCormack and Victorian Minister for Public Transport and Major Projects Jacinta Allan said today.