The Hon Barnaby Joyce MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
On Wednesday 20 December 2017, The Hon Barnaby Joyce MP was sworn in as Minister for Infrastructure and Transport.
- Piling works pioneer new river crossing as part of Mackay Ring Road
The landmark $497.3 million Mackay Ring Road project is taking another step forward with the start of piling works at the new Pioneer River crossing.
- Widening works complete on Kennedy Developmental Road Almost
Almost 3.5 kilometres of the Kennedy Developmental Road in north Queensland has been sealed and widened under the Northern Australia Roads Program (NARP), improving safety for all drivers in the region.
- $45.6 million approved for Northern Adelaide Irrigation Scheme
The Australian Government has continued its commitment to support farmers and job creation in South Australia with $45.6 million in funding approved for the Northern Adelaide Irrigation Scheme.
- Next stage of Golden Highway package begins with intersection upgrade
Important safety works are on the way for the Golden Highway, with a crucial intersection upgrade starting from Monday at Cobbora Road, west of Dunedoo.
- Inland Rail on the move between Toowoomba and Brisbane
The Government is continuing to progress the Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail, with contracts awarded for feasibility design work on the four projects between Brisbane and Toowoomba.
- 'Greater' Northern Highway on the way in WA's Kimberley region
The contract to upgrade the Great Northern Highway between Maggie Creek and Wyndham in Western Australia's Kimberley region has been awarded to WBHO Infrastructure Pty Ltd.
- Important northern Victoria logging link set for upgrade
Drivers are set to benefit from a safer and smoother journey along the Shelley-Walwa Road in Victoria's north as works start on a major upgrade of the road.
- New road section opens on Princes Highway near Traralgon
Sections of two new eastbound lanes of the Princes Highway duplication between Traralgon and Sale are now open to traffic.
- Next stage of Western Highway duplication to begin
A joint venture between CPB Contractors and Seymour Whyte Constructions has secured the contract to build a 12.5 kilometre duplication of the Western Highway between Buangor and Ararat.
- Bruce Highway improvements delivered ahead of schedule
A $9 million project to widen and strengthen a section of the Bruce Highway south of Townsville near Julago and Nome is now safer for motorists after works were completed ahead of schedule.
- Contract awarded for Ashton Avenue Bridge replacement
Claremont's ageing Ashton Avenue Bridge has taken another step towards replacement with the construction contract awarded today.