Second phase of market testing for inland rail
22 December 2016
Joint release with:
Senator The Hon. Mathias Corman
Minister for Finance
The second phase of the market testing process for private sector involvement in the Inland Rail project will begin early next year.
The second phase will seek views on:
- preferred delivery model of the four shortlisted options or alternatives put forward by the participants in the first phase of market testing;
- willingness and capacity to participate in the shortlisted options;
- understanding of the various risks associated with the delivery of Inland Rail;
- capacity to enhance the performance and value of Inland Rail, including design and operation; and
- potential project level procurement models for the design and construction of Inland Rail.
Market testing meetings will be held in late January and early February 2017. This is the next step in ensuring Inland Rail is construction ready.
The Coalition Government is committed to ensuring that our national freight network is as efficient and effective as possible, this includes delivering the largest transport project in Australia – Inland Rail from Melbourne to Brisbane.
Further information on the market testing process, including the terms of reference, are available at http://www.finance.gov.au/market-testing/Inland-Rail/.