The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Funding to support vital Western Australian roads under the Northern Australia Roads Programme
More than $360 million is being rolled out for new road upgrade projects in northern Australia, with almost $90 million being invested in the first three Northern Australia Roads Programme projects in Western Australia.
- Funding to support vital Northern Territory roads under Northern Australia Roads Programme
Acting Prime Minister and Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources Barnaby Joyce said the objective of the Northern Australian Roads Programme was to fund high-priority projects essential to support the North’s economic development.
- Funding to support vital Queensland roads under the Northern Australia Roads Programme
More than $360 million is being rolled out for new road upgrade projects in northern Australia, with upwards of $140 million being invested in the first six Northern Australia Roads Programme projects in Queensland.
- Market testing for private sector involvement in inland rail begins
The Government is now inviting the private sector to register its interest in the design, construction, delivery and financing of the Inland Rail project.
- Highway upgrade features Australian first design
A ground-breaking new interchange design to improve traffic management will be a key part of a major Queensland road project, with the contract awarded today for a $929.3 million upgrade to the Bruce Highway between Caloundra Road and the Sunshine Motorway.
- Canberra Airport's international terminal takes off
In less than a week regular international flights will take to the skies from the newly opened Canberra Airport international terminal.
- Wing part confirmed as coming from MH370
Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester said today that a wing part from a Boeing 777 found in June 2016 on the island of Pemba off Tanzania had been conclusively determined as coming from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
- Applications open for Remote Airstrip Upgrade funding
Access to some of the most remote parts of Australia will soon be improved with Round Four of the Coalition Government's Remote Airstrip Upgrade Programme now open for applications.
- Northern Territory receives $2.1 million to fix Black Spots
The Australian Government is delivering on its commitment to reduce crashes on Australian roads, by investing $2.1 million to Northern Territory roads through the national Black Spot Programme.
- Domestic travel on the rise according to annual figures
Australia's aviation industry continues to fly high with the latest domestic traffic results showing an increase in patronage to almost 61 million passengers for the year ending June 2016.
- Contract awarded to upgrade section of Princes Highway
A wider, safer Princes Highway is just around the corner for motorists, with BMD Constructions this week awarded the contract for the Armytage to Warncoort stage of the Princes Highway West—Winchelsea to Colac project.