The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Tasmania receives funding to fix infamous road 'black spots'
The Australian Government is delivering on its commitment to reduce crashes on Australian roads by fixing a number of the most treacherous Tasmanian roads through the Black Spot Programme.
- New roundabout to open at Cooroy Southern Interchange on the Bruce Highway
A new roundabout at the intersection of Myall Street and Nandroya Road, which forms part of the upgrade to the Cooroy to Curra Southern Interchange is now open.
- Major Shepparton East intersection upgrade complete
A major upgrade to one of Shepparton's key freight corridors is now complete with today's official opening of the Doyles Road-Midland Highway Intersection Upgrade.
- Warrego Highway between Toowoomba and Oakey widened to four lanes
Work has been completed on widening around six kilometres of the Warrego Highway between Toowoomba and Oakey in Queensland, significantly improving safety and efficiency.
- Works moving ahead on the new Boundary Road Interchange on the Bruce Highway
Work is progressing well on the construction of a new six-lane bridge over the Bruce Highway as part of a major upgrade of the Boundary Road interchange in Narangba on the northern outskirts of Brisbane.
- Green light for Business Case for Townsville rail project
Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester today confirmed a commitment of $3 million for the development of a business case for the Townsville Eastern Access Rail Corridor (TEARC) project.
Flights to Mackay & Cairns resumed after earthquake earlier today
- Air traffic services resume operations in North Queensland
Flights to and from Cairns and Mackay have resumed following a 5.8 magnitude earthquake off the north Queensland coast.