The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
Election-related material is not available on this website
- Three new items of debris to be examined in relation to the disappearance of MH370
Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester today confirmed reports that three new pieces of debris—two in Mauritius and one in Mozambique—have been found and are of interest in connection to the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.
- Updated Cargo Security Arrangements for Bangladesh
The Federal Government has updated security arrangements for air cargo from Bangladesh, giving Australian businesses more options for trade while maintaining a robust aviation security regime.
- Regional Access Arrangements at Kingsford Smith Airport
Today the Turnbull Government can announce that we will continue long-standing pricing protections for regional airlines in New South Wales (NSW) when they access Sydney's Kingsford Smith Airport.
- Appointments to the Moorebank Intermodal Company Board
The Government has re-appointed Mr Paul Binsted and appointed Mr Lucio Di Bartolomeo as non-executive directors of the Moorebank Intermodal Company (MIC) for terms of three years each.
- ANCAP receives continuing support to ensure safer cars
The Australian Government will provide $2.2 million to continue support for the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) over the next two years.
- New Australian Transport Safety Bureau Chief Commissioner appointed
Mr Greg Hood has been appointed Chief Commissioner of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) for a five year term commencing from 1 July 2016.
- Remember the 1200@1200 today in support of reducing the national road toll
Federal Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester MP has joined road safety advocates in calling on Australians to pause and reflect on the nation's road toll today.
- Building our Future: Strengthening Australia through critical and innovative infrastructure investment
The 2016–17 Budget provides for ongoing investment in critical infrastructure and regional development to reduce congestion, improve safety and better connect Australian products to domestic and international markets.
- 2016 Yellow Ribbon National Road Safety Week is launched
Today the Australian Government marks the launch of 2016 Yellow Ribbon National Road Safety week (NRSW).