The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Highway upgrade sparks jobs boom for Coffs Coast/Northern Rivers region
Thousands of jobs will be created throughout the Coffs Coast and Northern Rivers regions thanks to $1 billion worth of major civil work packages which have gone to tender for the Woolgoolga to Ballina section of the Pacific Highway upgrade.
- Safety First on the water this summer
The marine safety message was driven home to boaties today, with Nationals Member for Cowper Luke Hartsuyker and Federal Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester visiting Port Macquarie Marine Rescue to reinforce the importance of being safe on the water over the summer holiday season.
- Major Pacific Highway bridge completed as Oxley Highway to Kundabung section progresses
Major works have finished on a new bridge across the Wilson River as part of the Oxley Highway to Kundabung section of the Pacific Highway upgrade.
- Heavy vehicle safety critical to reducing national road deaths
The Coalition Government is continuing to invest record funding in road safety infrastructure and programmes in an effort to reduce national road trauma.
- New driver fatigue research set to drive policy decisions
Driver fatigue is one of the main causes of road accidents involving heavy vehicles, contributing to approximately 22 percent of all recorded incidents across the country.
- Driver safety the focus of completed Kelvin Grove black spot project
One of Brisbane's worst road accident black spots is now safer for all road users, with an upgrade of the Kelvin Grove Road and Ithaca Street intersection at Kelvin Grove now completed.