The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Works start on western links to Toowoomba Second Range Crossing
Earthworks on vital interchanges west of Toowoomba as part of the Toowoomba Second Range Crossing project are getting into full swing, with Stage 2 of the Gore Highway works at Athol and the Warrego West interchange projects now underway.
- Government exploring advanced braking systems in a bid to increase motorcycle safety
The Australian Government has today begun consulting on options to improve the safety of motorcycle riders through the greater use of advanced braking systems.
- Final Bridge Deck Units in Place for Cooroy to Curra – Section C
Section C of the Cooroy to Curra Bruce Highway upgrade is shaping up quickly, with work underway on the final two bridges being built as part of the project.
- New phone App to keep drone users in the safe zones
Today Federal Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester welcomed the launch of a new safety App for the use of drones.
- Koala Fencing Contract Awarded for Woolgoolga to Ballina Upgrade
A 10-kilometre stretch of new koala fencing will be built as part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina Pacific Highway upgrade to help keep local populations safe during and after construction work on the project.
- Queensland misleads on Northern Australia roads funding
The latest claims by the Queensland Government about the State's funding allocation under the Northern Australia Roads Programme are misleading. They are another pathetic attempt by the Labor Party to distract Queenslanders from the State Government's ongoing failures.
- Works Begin on Transformative Caloundra to Sunshine Motorway Upgrade
Major construction has officially commenced on the $929.3 million Bruce Highway Upgrade—Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway project, which will increase safety and ease congestion for around 40,000 motorists who use the route daily.
- Sunshine Coast receives $650 million Budget Boost
Commuters travelling are set to benefit from the Coalition Government’s $650 million investment to accelerate the upgrade of the Pine River to Caloundra corridor of the Bruce Highway, and upgrades to the Deception Bay Interchange.
- Committee for Economic Development of Australia Transforming Australia's Freight and Rail Network
Speech at CEDA, Melbourne
- Local business awarded contract for Mackay Ring Road works
Vassallo Constructions Pty Ltd has been awarded the contract to undertake works to relocate water mains for the Bruce Highway—Mackay Ring Road—Stage 1 project.