The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Australia's transcontinental railway celebrates 100 years
The centenary of one of Australia's most important infrastructure projects is being celebrated today with the Trans Australian Railway line marking 100 years since it connected the east to the west.
- New International Air Services Commission Appointment
The Australian Government has today appointed Ms Karen Gosling to the International Air Services Commission (IASC) as a part-time member.
- Crucial safety works on the way for Great Ocean Road
The Australian and Victorian governments are investing $50 million to make the Great Ocean Road safer and more reliable.
- New factors to be tested in Road Safety survey
Federal Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester today announced the commencement of the national survey of Community Attitudes to Road Safety, which for the first time will ask questions on drug-impaired driving and sharing the road with heavy vehicles.
- Safety overhauls part of Railway Road's near future
Upgrades on Western Australia's Railway Road near Boyanup have been locked in with $2.1 million to be spent on a series of works to improve safety on this key regional road link.
- Funding to fix dangerous Bass Highway intersections
The Australian Government has formally approved up to $2.04 million to fund a series of safety improvements to three Bass Highway intersections at Latrobe.