The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- New heavy vehicle cameras boost Queensland's road safety
Queensland's heavy vehicle safety will be boosted with the roll out of three new automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras across the state's road freight network.
- Better roads means better access for the Cape York Region
Work on a 9.2 kilometre stretch of the Peninsula Developmental Road from Myall Creek to Rio Boundary is set to begin in coming weeks after a contract was awarded to Far North company North Queensland Civil Engineering Contracting.
- New Blacks Bridge provides stronger support for farmers
A new Blacks Bridge in the New South Wales Central West has given local residents and Greenethorpe grain growers a long awaited replacement for the ageing timber bridge.
- A Safer Great Western Highway Following Hartley Valley Upgrade
Upgrades along the Great Western Highway at Hartley Valley are now complete, ensuring a safer and smoother trip for motorists travelling from Katoomba to Lithgow.
- Safer to the east and safer to the west... Warrego Highway upgrades roll on in Dalby
Queensland motorists are a step closer to being safer after a joint venture between FKG Group and McIlwain Civil was awarded the contract to upgrade the Warrego Highway through Dalby.
- Local communities cash in on bridge building bonanza
Contracts have now been awarded to construct 118 out of the 166 bridges being built as part of the Woolgoolga to Ballina section of the Pacific Highway upgrade.
- Final submissions called for freight and supply chain inquiry
The Turnbull-Joyce Government is committed to growing jobs in Australia by better shaping our freight and supply chains, says Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester.
- Works start on critical Kennedy Developmental Road upgrade
Works officially kicked off today on the $53.32 million Kennedy Developmental Road (Hann Highway) upgrades between Mount Garnet and Hughenden, with the project set to deliver a more reliable freight and tourist route for North Queensland along with jobs in local communities.
- Next major milestone for signature Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail project
The next stage of the transformational Inland Rail project between Brisbane and Melbourne is underway with the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Parkes to Narromine section released to the public.
- Traffic flows with ease at the Annandale intersection
Townsville motorists now have a safer and more streamlined road network with the newly improved William Angliss/Mervyn Crossman Drive intersection now reopened to traffic.
- Contract awarded for first stage of Echuca-Moama Bridge Project
Work will begin soon on building a major new roundabout at the intersection of the Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street in Echuca, Victoria—the crucial first step towards construction of a substantially more efficient, safer bridge over the Murray River between Echuca and Moama.