The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Funding approved for New England Highway Safety package
The Australian Government has approved funding of up to $9.3 million for safety works on the New England Highway between Warwick and Wallangarra.
- More than $76 million delivered for key northern roads
The release of $76.26 million in specialist Australian Government funding to upgrade four key roads in north Queensland will improve safety and power the growth and development of industries, businesses and jobs throughout the entire region.
- Works to start on Inland Rail futureproofing
The Federal government today announced two new railway bridges to be built next month between Parkes and Narromine, with the works set to support the delivery of the Inland Rail project when construction on the nationally significant project begins.
- New lanes to ease congestion on the Deagon Deviation
A key milestone has been reached on the $1.14 billion Gateway Upgrade North project, with the opening of two new southbound lanes along the Deagon Deviation.
- Award of piling contract on the Pacific Highway to create 90 new jobs
Around 90 new jobs will be created through work associated with construction of supports for 75 bridges along the Woolgoolga to Ballina section of the Pacific Highway upgrade.
- Work begins on construction of 43km APY Lands Main Access Road
Work has begun on building 43 kilometres of the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Main Access Road between Pukatja (Ernabella) and Umuwa.