The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
- Australia gains easier access to US aviation market
Australia’s aviation industry now has easier and cheaper access to the lucrative United States aviation market.
- Jobs bonanza—tenders for components for 100+ bridges awarded
The Mid North Coast and Northern Rivers regions are set for a jobs boom, with large contracts awarded today to build components for more than 100 bridges to be built along the Woolgoolga to Ballina section of the Pacific Highway upgrade.
- Works start on Pialligo Avenue/Scherger Drive intersection
Work has started on upgrading the busy Pialligo Avenue and Scherger Drive intersection to improve traffic flow to the city during peak periods.
- Better disability access for public transport networks
The Australian Government has released the consultation draft of a newGuide to improve disability access public transport systems across the nation.
- Call for comment on proposed coastal shipping reforms
The Federal Government is proposing greater flexibility for coastal shipping and new training opportunities in a discussion paper aimed at boosting coastal shipping activity.
- New link opens as Bruce Highway works progress
Federal Member for Leichhardt Warren Entsch and Queensland Treasurer Curtis Pitt today officially opened the service road linking Progress Road to Hargreaves Street, as part of the $58 million project to reduce congestion on the Bruce Highway.
- Inland Rail steams ahead with two project declarations
The second phase of the market testing is close to being finalised for the historic Inland Rail project.
- Round Three of the Bridges Renewal Programme now open
The Coalition is getting on with the job of building better bridges throughout the nation, with funding now up for grabs under the third round of a specialised funding program which keeps communities connected and regional industries profitable.