The Hon Darren Chester MP, Minister for Infrastructure and Transport, A/g Minister for Regional Development, A/g Minister for Local Government and Territories
- First stage of Rockhampton Riverbank Revitalisation completed
Rockhampton residents now have access to even better leisure facilities following the opening of Stage 1 of the $36 million Rockhampton Riverbank Revitalisation project earlier today.
- Traffic signals to be installed at busy Tinana intersection
Work will start this weekend on the installation of traffic signals at the intersection of Gympie Road and Iindah Road intersection in Tinana.
- Safer Bass Highway intersections for Latrobe and Wynyard
Tenders are being be called for $5.43 million safety upgrades of major Bass Highway junctions in Latrobe and Wynyard.
- New funding to help connect the dots to a safer Bruce Highway
Preparations for the Mackay Northern Access Upgrade project on the Bruce Highway are well underway with the Australian Government today approving funding for development works.
- Feasibility design work underway as Inland Rail construction draws closer
The contracts to deliver feasibility design work for the Tottenham to Illabo, and Stockinbingal to Parkes, sections of the Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail project have been awarded.
- Detailed design contracts awarded on two key NSW Inland Rail sections
Contracts have been awarded to deliver detailed design work for the Parkes to Narromine and Narrabri to North Star sections of the Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail project.
- New Inland Rail contracts bring construction closer
The Melbourne to Brisbane Inland Rail continues to make headway with almost $30 million in contracts awarded to four companies for feasibility and detailed design work on the nationally significant project.
- Final bridge opens on Torrens Road with better connectivity just over the horizon
The final road bridge of the $801 million Torrens Road to River Torrens project is now open to traffic, bringing improved connectivity to Adelaide's major freight and transport hubs one step closer.
- Planting the seeds for Ash and Pine Street intersection upgrade on Bruce Highway
Ongoing works to improve safety along the Bruce Highway continue to be rolled out with the Australian Government approving funding to deliver the new Ash and Pine Street Intersection west of Innisfail.
- Have your say on the Environmental Impact Statement for Narrabri to North Star Inland Rail project
The next stage of the transformational Inland Rail project between Brisbane and Melbourne via Parkes is underway with the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Narrabri to North Star section released for public comment by the NSW Government.
- Expanding local crash test capability to encourage safer cars for Australia
Federal Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester today reviewed the enhancements being made by Australian crash test laboratories to increase local safety test capability and improve vehicle safety in Australia.
- Almost $3 billion worth of contracts awarded on the Woolgoolga to Ballina section of the Pacific Highway upgrade
Contracts totalling almost $3 billion have now been awarded on the 155-kilometre Woolgoolga to Ballina section of the Pacific Highway upgrade.